Kell Brook v Shawn Porter: Englishman 'ready' for tough fight


Sheffield's Brook, 28, had three dates against then IBF champion Devon Alexander cancelled in 2013 because of injuries to both boxers.
"I'm on to a new chapter now and Porter is in a whole heap of trouble when he gets in the ring with me," said Brook.
Porter beat fellow American Alexander in December to take the IBF title.
Brook added: "I'm happy, I'm fit and I'm well. It's going to be a seriously tough fight but we're ready. He's a strong, come-forward fighter but styles make fights and you're going to see the best in me."
Brook's first world title eliminator took place in October 2012 but his ankle and foot injuries, and a biceps injury to Alexander scuppered the Englishman's ambitions.
Instead, Alexander fought and beat Essex boxer Lee Purdy last May, a moment Brook cites as his lowest in the sport so far.
"Last year was the darkest time of my career, unbelievably frustrating and hard to get through," said Brook, who is unbeaten in 32 professional contests, with 22 knockouts.
"People don't realise that boxers don't get paid every week or every month, they get paid when they have a fight.
"So to train hard for weeks and months and for it all to fall through because of injuries is hard to take. I was so desperate to fight I was pleading with doctors to give me injections

No comments